Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Dig for Fire - Pixies

In the late 80s and early 90s, the Pixies owned college radio, inspired a generation of bands that would come along a few years later, disappeared for a little while, then came back last year with a huge tour during which the entire rock music world rightfully lauded them as the most influential band of their time. Meanwhile, I was listening to their stuff the entire time (thanks to my friend Dave K in Durham who originally turned me onto them and gave me tapes of all their albums). The bands I have been in have also reflected the Pixies influence, although more in the instrumental sound than in the songwriting. I wish I could write like them. Anyway, here is my favorite Pixies song, "Dig for Fire"

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: