Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Energetic Crooning

To keep up with the different ideas around the song Stair Bears, here is a song from Arcade Fire. I like the persistent energy of this song, and I guess that the phrasing of my lyrics are largely substitutable for the melody of the song. It wouldn't be the first time that I write a song from the melody of another when its stuck in my head and I can't remember the lyrics of the original.

Keep the Car Running


Also, I mentioned in the earlier post that there was a vocal/keyboard refrain that was reminiscent of "Voices Carry".... it originally started as something a little bit more in the vein of Beach Boys, which has also been recaptured by bands like Animal Collective. Hear them croon with weird water/paper crinkling sound effects in this tune:

"College"

No comments: