Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jingle jangle jingle

Simple cowboy song, but the lyrics have resisted memorization.  I actually attempted it at the Earthstock gig but was only good for a couple of stanzas.  So I decided to sort of make the stanzas up as I go along.  It doesn't matter if they are exactly like the song was played before.  Just needs to be something like

(1) Oh Sally Jane, Oh Sally Jane,
Though I'd love to stay forever this is why I can't remain

(2) Oh Betty Lou, Oh Betty Lou,
Though we've done a heap of dreamin' this is why they can't come true

(3) Oh  Lily Bell, Oh Lily Bell,
Though we've shared some special secrets, this is why I never tell

(4) Oh Mary Ann, Oh Mary Ann,
Though you tell a pretty story this is why I never can

etc.

There are a lot of possibilities.  Just have to come up with them on the fly...

No comments: