Saturday, October 26, 2013

Applause Applause - Lady Gaga

[link] Ru-Jun dances to this in her hip hop dance class and she saw it in a Kia Soul commercial.  I haven't followed Lady Gaga closely but she has a couple of good things that I've heard and this is one of them.  She's about more than the music, the whole pop/celebrity package, like Madonna is/was.  And in a pretty sophisticated way. Madonna got a lot of help on the musical side and maybe Lady Gaga does as well, I don't know.  Gaga seems to exploit stock dance/pop chord progressions more than Madonna, but she does a good job with them.  She's interesting, but I'm a bit repulsed by her strictly because of her popularity.  Maybe that's my loss, or maybe there's not much there there.  I probably won't ever study it enough to figure that out.

No comments: