Saturday, February 1, 2014

Applause - Lady Gaga

[link] Ru-Jun is really into this song thanks to her dance lessons.  Musically, it's a cool song with some powerful moments. She co-wrote and co-produced it.  So not only can she sing, she has a musical ear and can write. Musically she earns my respect.  I have only heard a couple other of her songs, but even just from these I think she must be taken seriously by musicians (and I generally think she is, from what I've heard). This video is captivating. I can't take my eyes off it. There's a lot there and it is fascinating to think about what she is trying to say. She is dead serious in making a statement about fame here and just looking into her eyes, Lady Gaga is very sophisticated in what she is about and she has big things to say.

No comments: