Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cartoon Network suckage

Tonight I discovered that there's a mini-subculture of video rants on Youtube about how Cartoon Network sucks. Here's one:



I disagree with this guy about the reasons why CN sucks. I expect their shows for kids (i.e. during the day and up until 10 or so in the evening) to suck. But for me, what sucks the last few years is their adoption of completely awful Williams Street shows and the relegation of most anime to really late at night. He's also wrong about One Piece, which I find to be a very fun, interesting, and endlessly creative anime series. Nevertheless, I agree that CN has gone downhill in recent years.

Also found on the same page as this video is this, which is really funny (F U Baltimore!!)

3 comments:

J. Matt said...

I think the problem with Williams street is that they have abandoned the nihilistic and surreal (and intelligent in its stupidity) humor and replaced it with lowest common denominator jokes aimed at stoners. It's like they got one focus group study that said, "Stoned college kids watch the show" and decided to tailor all the writing to this (admittedly large) demographic. It's probably easier this way, at least.

Slig said...

Indeed. Stoned college kids will watch anything that's on at that hour of the night. The grosser the better. Pretty sad.

Did you check out the second video I posted?

J. Matt said...

I think I could pee six feet straight up and not get wet.