Friday, March 7, 2008

Fog

As many of my friends who visit this blog know, I'm taking a bunch of medications these days in an attempt to put a nasty autoimmune disease into remission. The good news is that things seem to be going well and I might be off most of the drugs in less than a month. But I have always been the kind of person who does not like taking drugs. In my adult life, I learned to appreciate Tylenol in taking the edge off of the pain of having colds/flu, but that's about it. Decongestants and other stuff I avoid. Some days in this medication regime I don't have a heck of a lot of energy and my head rather feels as if it is in a slight fog. Trying to work on these days is a bit of a chore but I've been laboring through it. I probably should do more personal research on my illness, as I am a biologist and should be able to understand it deeply. But to be honest I'm a little afraid of this. The disease is now something I have a personal relationship with, and it will be with me for the rest of my life. I'm not sure how much I want to demystify it at this point. Perhaps down the road when it seems like it is more behind me, if all goes well...

No comments: