Saturday, May 11, 2013

A sort of dream

I would like to perform somewhere as a street musician.  Or at least try it.  Preferably out here on the island somewhere, not in NYC.  I saw some advice online and one of the points was to stand up, not sit down.  That's a bit difficult, for long, with a uke without a strap, because with the ukes I have (except the banjo, which has a strap) I have to hold them up while playing them.  It's tiring.  So I'm looking into various ways to use straps and types of straps.  There are a couple of them that don't require installing buttons on the uke.  One called the uke leash holds the head stock and frees up the left hand.  I got one of these and tried it.  Not good.  Playing angle not good and it doesn't free me up enough.  There's another that I will probably try, called the mobius strap.  It wraps around the waist of the body.  Looks like it could do the trick.  We'll see...

No comments: