Monday, May 13, 2013

New Song

I wrote this on the piano in March 2010 as a song for Megachild.  I decided to dust it off to see if I could play it solo with the uke.

Here are the lyrics.

My Life as a Tree

Princess Amy
One day would be Queen
She learned the spell craft
Walking beneath the trees
From the wizard Tralfaz
The magic - it was good
It came from the Earth
The soil and the wood
Her father aging
The king - he was not well
The kingdoms borders
Were visited by beasts of hell
Evil dragons
Were hatching in the north
Diabolical mages
Cultivating the dragons' source

My life as a tree
Got as tall as I could be
We marched down to the sea
But then the axe men came for me

Amy was crowned
A full Sorcoress and the Queen
But Tralfaz had departed
For a universe unseen
Her high council
Was corrupted by piles of gold
And she knew there was evil
Building in the mountains cold
She knighted many
Brave fighters for her cause
She built her army
Still hoping to avoid a war
The demonic mages
Saw their time was short
So they unleashed the dragins
--- it was War ---

When the clouds had broken
And the sun came beaming through
The field was scattered
With dragon scales of every hue
Many knights had fallen
But the dragons were all dead
The mages that did not perish
Threw down their staves and fled
Amy's face was blood
As she looked out in victory
But the Queen's tears streamed down
Because she had lost all the trees

including me

My life as a tree
Got as tall as I could be
We marched down to the sea
But then the axe men came for me
The Princess planted me as a seed
She grew up beneath my leaves
She became the Good Witch Queen
But then the dragons got free
No time to say goodbye
I let some of my seeds fly
In a Princess's garden someday
They may fall from the sky
-

No comments: