Thursday, November 14, 2013

More on the nostalgia

That particular nostalgia has to do with the perception of being in an ideal situation and wanting time to freeze so that I can stay there.  The beginning of summer.  School year over.  Toward the end of my high school years I was very comfortable with my small circle of friends.  Looking back, it was only an ideal situation in that it was simple.  Nothing was required of me. I didn't have any particular cares, or any wisdom. I thought I did.  But the stuff I cared about was trivial.  The stuff I thought I knew something about I didn't.  I didn't know how to be a good friend or a good person.  I longed for romantic love but I had know idea how to love someone. So really in the end there is nothing to be nostalgic about. These days I cringe more than any other reaction to the way I was in those times.  It's a thought refuge for me, but I am alone there.  I take comfort in the fact that I am probably the only one who remembers anything about me in those days.

No comments: